Tuesday, 16 August 2011

Beauty Trend Test:
Highstreet Edition

A rush of excitement goes through me when I see the new beauty trends emerge for next season especially Autumn/Winter. The pages dripping with rich reds, berrys and Dewy skin makes me reach for my chunky knits and fur lined boots. I'm not mad about the weather but the beauty trends make the season so much more bearable.
Just a few of the trends this season are The Sixties, Gothic Grunge, Rock and Roll Metallics, Red Lips and Dewy Skin.
So, to quench my excitement I have decided to road test the Autumn/Winter beauty trends hot off the catwalk on myself  in two ways. One look will be a strong take on the trend for the brave and the other a subtle nod for the faint harted. Each look will be recorded stating how much the look costs, How it was acheived and what feedback was given. Is the look wearable for day to day? Is a hit or miss in the style stakes? Is it boyfriend friendly? These are just a few of the questions I will be answering.
One thing I understand is that most of us are on a bit of a shoe string when it comes to the luxury of make-up so I am going to work to a realistic budget searching the shelves of Boots, Superdrug and Local chemists for my tools.
So stay tuned for my first Trend Test. The Sixties. And who better to look to for inspiration than the woman who got us hooked in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment